Location Based Marketing
Location based marketing is not really taking off. Yet?
According to Lightspeed Research,
What was really surprising is that a mere 9 percent of respondents use location-based services to get coupons or special offers. Just 2 percent use them to win prizes or enter raffles.
The novelty factor around its game-like aspects of collecting points/badges or to earn special rights such as becoming Mayor, seem to be wearing off, per Lightspeed.
I think the growth of location-based marketing will be determined in part by how successful marketers can be at balancing this delicate stream of information without abusing the privilege and pushing users away from the applications which they report their locations to
5 Web Services For Mobile Marketing
Recommended at OpenForum, here are 5 web services to consider using for mobile marketing.
WeRewards helps local and national businesses strengthen their local presence. The service works like other coupon options where a consumer can only hear from you if they are physically close to your location and ready to spend.
Four Areas Of Mobile Growth
As reported by Spin Sucks
Mobile Ready Sites – this should be on everyone’s mind. If you don’t have a mobile ready site soon, you are missing out.
Location Based Services – this ties in with Near Field Communication
Mobile Payments – similar to NFC, there is really no reason we shouldn’t be paying through our phones. Also, services like Intuit’s GoPayment allow people to accept payments anywhere (sort of).
Mobile Blogging – this isn’t for everyone, but for those that are using WordPress, get an app to blog from your mobile device.
“With the introduction of these iPhone and Android apps, smartphone users across the trucking industry now have easy access to Michelin product and service locations,” said Jaye Young, U.S. country marketing manager, MATT. “With today’s on-the-go, real-time business environment, we are delivering information directly to our customers wherever they go.”
(Pay attention to the use of QR codes on the Michelin site)
- What the Hell Is Foursquare Foursquare is location-based social networking service designed specifically for mobile...
- Offline Marketing Of Your Mobile App Here is an idea. Go down to the local grocery...
- Paypal Announces Whopping Increase in Shopping From Mobile Phones There used to be a time when e-commerce was the...
- Privacy Concerns With iPhone and Android Apps This provides more details previously mentioned here. Privacy continues to...
- How To Setup An AdMob Mobile Advertising Campaign Visit http://www.admob.com From the AdMob site: AdMob provides innovative solutions...